Sunday 22 January 2017

Almost

Hi guys!

This is a shorter post than usual! I had a potential, near-death experience the other night! I was riding my bicycle like a d@#khead, trying to run the lights, and almost got knocked over by an oncoming car! I didn't see the car until the last minute, thankfully the driver's emergency-stop-game was on point! My impatience almost cost me dearly, and could have potentially caused a serious accident, as well as a traumatic experience for the driver! Lesson learned!

Anyway, it got my thinking about life. Yes, if you are reading this you are living, but are you really alive? Isn't it also ironic, that people have to experience the death of others, or have to have a near death experience themselves, before they can appreciate life?

Anywhoo, please see my poem 'Almost', below. Feel free to like comment and share :D.
Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog posts.



Almost
Almost died last night,
Now I need to start living.
Is that what it takes,
For me to start living?
To stop moaning about menial shit,
And start living.
Need to learn that life is a gift,
And start living.
Three meals, clothes on my back,
That’s blessed living.
Warm bed roof ‘bove my head,
That’s blessed living.
But I still get vexed by opinions,
That’s time-wasting.
It’s nonsense, ‘n’ most ain’t facts,
I can’t change it.
Too scared to shine my lights,
It’s insanity.
Living in the dark ain’t right,
It’s insanity.
Bright lights, can dim with thoughts,
Negativity.
We’ve gotta make our mind a companion,
Not an enemy.
The universe is our place,
And there’s space for change.
My thoughts are outdated,
So it’s time to renovate.
It’s time to act on what I love,
‘N’ not be consumed by hate.
Cause I almost died last night,
So I can’t let life go to waste.

(C) Ashley Samba

No comments:

Post a Comment